The mission of the Queen’s Aero Design Team is to provide unique opportunities to students at Queen’s University to learn, explore, & experience aircraft design and construction, in a team environment. The Queen’s Aero Design Team aims to develop innovative designs focused around heavy lifting and drone technology.
The goals of the team are listed as followed:
- Develop engineering design skills
- Develop communication, leadership, & project management skills
- Develop understanding of aircraft design software & aircraft mechanics, & master the principles of aerodynamic flight
- Create innovative designs that challenge industry standards to improve performance & lower production costs
- Provide an inclusive environment fostering student development & mentorship
- Encourage interdisciplinary and inter-faculty collaboration